Sunday 18 March 2018

My Lai massacre photographer laments US 'carnage' fifty years on

My Lai massacre photographer laments US 'carnage' fifty years onFifty years after taking photos of an American massacre of Vietnamese villagers, a former US army photographer said he is sorry for the "carnage" his countrymen unleashed in one the war's worst atrocities. Ronald Haeberle told AFP he started snapping instinctively, capturing the chilling photos that would later expose the full extent of the My Lai massacre: 504 Vietnamese dead in a single day, mostly unarmed women, children and older men. "I wanted to remember what was happening there, I wanted to capture a moment in time, and I did," he told AFP while touring the My Lai massacre museum in the village on Friday, the 50th anniversary of the killings.




No comments:

Post a Comment